Monday, January 17, 2011

Random Ramblings

It's cold here.
Sun didn't show itself all day.

I've been coughing for 2 weeks.
Last night I made a home-remedy recipe for cough syrup.
It has ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper.
The cayenne pretty much makes your throat numb. So in essence you could say it works in an odd way.

My son cut off his long golden red locks today.
My son is also now taller than me and closing in fast on his dad.
Sometimes I hear my son's voice from another room and wonder who the strange man is in my house.

I sat in our pool today.
It didn't have any water in it.
But I still froze.

Kids and I are working on a 1000 piece puzzle of San Francisco.
A perfect activity for a cold, dreary day.
I was surprised at how well my almost 6-year old does with a puzzle like that.
I assumed she wouldn't be able to focus long enough on it, but she shows great concentration. And she's very good at finding the exact piece I'm looking for.
She amazes me on a daily basis.

Same daughter also talks non-stop.
Chatter, chatter, chatter.
I just had to pause between typing those last 2 sentences because she had something to tell me.

I'm still watching British tele.
Last series I completed was called Berkeley Square.
Quaint little show about the divide between upper class society and their hired help. Sadly the show only ran for one season. It was good costuming homework for me though as we'll be using some turn of the century styles in our upcoming play production.

I'm now watching BBC's Robin Hood.
I'll have to do a separate post on that one since a certain Richard Armitage stars in it.
Yep, Mmm-hmm.

I don't like doing posts without photos.
So here's a random shot ...

Something warm and inviting to day-dream about.
Look at the color of that water!
I want to paint my bathroom that color.

That's it.
I'm done rambling.
For now ...

2 comments:

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Good day, Friend...

We have been doing fun puzzles since Christmas ... three to be exact. We are running through them because they are 500. We need a nice 1000 to do.
Hey, I would still like to hear about the series of the one we talked about, I think a month and a half ago. Of course I can't remember the name of it. Do you recall? Love to hear!

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hi Linda!
Your back blogging, great. I just got my blog all redesigned and my son got it up and running these past couple of days.
Cold here. We got dumped with a heavy 10 inches of snow 2 days ago.
Take care, I'll be back to read more.
Pamela in KS.