Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Mom, What Are You Going To Blog About Today?"

Having already covered the first day of school, and only being 3 days in, and all of those days pretty much the same as the first, I really have nothing new to talk about.  

So, I'll just load the photos I have on my camera and we'll see what we come up with ...


How about the fact that someone is sitting in my chair?  Here's what I found when I walked into the schoolroom (aka: living room/dining room) this morning:


Awww ... with a face like that, I couldn't be too upset.  The cat, on the other hand, is ready for action.  She totally disapproves of anything canine sitting on the furniture.  If you look in the background you'll see my 3-year old's calendar.  This is my beginning attempts at pre-school with her.  She loves putting a number on there every morning.  And there's a little cupcake a few weeks ahead on the calendar.  That's so we can count the days until my son's 12th birthday!



Here's a photo of what I did last night ... 

(side note: that nail polish is really much prettier in person ... it's called Wine Time or something catchy like that)
I'm finally letting hubby treat my numb foot.  Ever since I injured my back in February half of my foot and the back of my leg has remained numb.  It's really very annoying.  It's a constant reminder of that back injury.  I was down for 2 weeks.  I mean really down.  As in, cannot get out of bed or even attempt to move at all without intense pain.  I swear, giving birth was less painful.  

If you ever have to go through a back injury I highly recommend you have a few things in place.

  First:  one teenage daughter.  Essential for taking care of 3-year old (who was still 2 at the time).
  Second:  one 11 year old son.  Great for bringing drinks, snacks, magazines, telephone, etc.  
  Third:  awesome friends.  Critical for keeping the family fed when Mom can't even sit upright, much less cook dinner ... (think mac and cheese, chicken pot pies, beerocks, potato soup, pie, ice cream ... I know there was more.  Thanks B Family and H Family!) 
  Finally:  one cool hubby who would do anything for you ... carrying you to the bathroom, narcotics, and back massages come to mind.  And even several months later ... the zappy Fenzian treatments in the above photo.  
  Even when I'm lame (literally) and in pain, I'm still truly blessed!


So back to the present ...

This photo is the 3-year old during art period today.  She's so intense and focused.  This might be your first glimpse at a future celebrated artist!  And you can say you saw it here first.  Along with my foot and my dog.  

What a day!

1 comment:

MamaHen said...

What a blessing to have older children and a great hubby.