Monday, December 22, 2008

Wicked Good ...

I made these ...
My son said they are "wicked good!"

They're called Port Balls.
I found the recipe at Noble Pig.
If you haven't checked out this blog ... you must!
I have found so many great recipes there.
Thank you Cathy!

If I don't eat them all, I will wrap them up and give them away as a gift.

Tonight for dinner we're having Alton Brown's Christmas Soup, potato latkes and kugel.
The kugel recipe, once again, comes from Cathy over at Nobel Pig.
Did I mention how much I love that site?

We're also watching a Christmas movie tonight.  Haven't decided if it's going to be A Christmas StoryIt's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, or A Christmas Carol.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?


4 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Those sound delish! And now I have a new blog to check out.

Hands down. Favorite Christmas movie is "A Christmas story." Just love it!!

Handsome's wife said...

I will have to go with "A Christmas Story" but "It's a Wonderful Life" is a close second.
The port balls look yummy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you are so sweet! Those balls are wicked good and can be consumed before anyone else gets any!

Enjoy the kugel and put on your elastic pants!

I love Christmas Story too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What's kugel? You always try such cool recipes. Those port balls look delicious. We gave away 16 cookie bags today to neighbors and got 2 more in return. I just love that tradition. I must say I love, "The Santa Claus". I love Tim Allen. He cracks me up. I adore "It's a Wonderful Life", but it gets a little too sentimental for me. I don't like getting sentimental.