Monday, February 16, 2009

Randomness

My oldest daughter likes to say,
That was random!
Usually when I say something out of the blue, with no precursors, totally unrelated to anything else we had been talking about at the time.

Like when we're talking about the latest episode of Heroes and I say, did you know I still have the same chipped toenail polish on since Christmas?

So have you seen that tagging thing going around blogs and emails saying to post the 6th photo from the 6th album in your digital files?

Well this is my version.
A bit of randomness, with a small rule.
I chose the number 9.
NINE.
Number nine.
I like the number 9.

So here we go ...


This is the 9th photo from my 9th album.  It is July 2004 and we're at Knott's Berry Farm.  My oldest daughter was 10 and my son was 7.  And little did I know at the time, but I was pregnant with my youngest daughter during this trip.  I probably would not have gone on the roller coasters if I had known.  But no harm done evidently.



I looked at my spice shelf and this was the 9th one in line.
NUTMEG!
I love nutmeg.
I always grate it fresh.
My favorite is to grate nutmeg on chard, spinach or kale.




The 9th email in my inbox this afternoon was from my Father-in-law.
It was a link to this Fox News Story.
My Father-in-law would be my phone-a-friend on current news events.



Do you use Library Thing?
This is the 9th book I listed when I first started.
Awesome book ... check it out.



The 9th item on my pantry shelf is my favorite breakfast item.
No explanation needed.
And it's good for you!





The 9th movie on the DVD shelf.  I haven't seen this one yet.
But Russell Crowe is one of my favorites.
So I have high hopes.



The 9th song on my iPod when I hit shuffle is Everything.
If I knew how to add music to my blog it would be playing for you right now.



John Steinbeck ... I have all his works.
This is the 9th book on my Steinbeck shelf.
If you've never read Steinbeck, you should.
This is a good one to start with.



Finally ...
the 9th item in my Amazon cart.
Which means I hope to actually purchase it someday.
Do you put stuff in your Amazon cart and save it for later?
I think I had 93 items at last count.

I loved this version of Jane Eyre.
I love Toby Stephens.
I highly recommend you check this one out too.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE YOUR LIST. HEY, MY PEEPS SAY I'M RANDOM TOO. BUT, THEY ARE TEENAGERS, NEED I SAY MORE.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Lula! said...

LOVE Steinbeck...rereading East of Eden and remembering why I love it so. Brilliant.

Love Michael Buble. Love, love, love him.

And I JUST bought The Book Thief...can't wait to read.

I love your 9th list...awesome.

Robynn's Ravings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robynn's Ravings said...

How fun! What a good idea. Love your list and all the interesting things in your life. I truly enjoy things like this.

And here's another thing we have in common: I was pregnant with my daughter without out knowing it and went on all the roller coasters at Great America. I always figured the centrifugal force must have shoved her in there tight!

February 16, 2009 9:46 PM

Handsome's wife said...

I love Michael Buble. I have that same CD and a couple others. I've seen him in concert. He is fantastic! Everything is one of my favorites songs too! You may have noticed he is on my musice player.

Handsome's wife said...

I love Michael Buble. I have that same CD and a couple others. I've seen him in concert. He is fantastic! Everything is one of my favorites songs too! You may have noticed he is on my musice player.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hey There, don't forget to come collect your awards at my place. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Steinbeck. I was on a Steinbeck kick a while back. I still have a bit of a crush on Ed Rickets. Have you seen his little display at the Monterey Aquarium? I'm feeling a little random myself today.

Sondre Lyn said...

I am a movie fiend and have to make myself not go to more than one movie every weekend. I loved A Good Year. My daughter and I saw it at the movies when it came out. I will watch just about anything with Russell Crowe. He is awesome.

I love the pic of Hugh Jackman. Did you see Australia yet? It was pretty good. Probably predictable, but I still loved it. And if you like that picture, you will love seeing him in that movie! :D