Friday, August 1, 2008

Discovering new things ...

So one by one, we all ended up getting sick this week.  Fever, chills, aches.  Oldest daughter had a sore throat too.  Luckily the illnesses lasted only about 2 days.  It's no fun to get sick in the summer.  

We discovered all of our favorite games are on the Game Show Network and we spent a lot of time watching game shows on TV.  I even blogged about it, but somehow the links to the photos got lost.  Game shows are so much fun!  I discovered just how competitive I really am ... I love getting the #1 answer on Family Feud, I love spelling 5 letter words on Lingo, I love the look on my hubby face when I can knock an entire Jeopardy category out of the ball park!  ;-)

Know what else is fun?  This little sweetie pie ...

I discovered that when I sit down to work on the computer someone always shows up and sits down beside me.  I look down and see this gorgeous face!  I just love it when her lip gets stuck in her tooth.  And look at those adorable wrinkles.  I can tell what she's thinking ... quick taking my picture and just scratch my ears!

So today I take off to Trader Joe's to get yogurt.  I figure since we've all been kinda sick we could use some good bacteria back in our system.  I did get the yogurt, but look what else I found ...
I am all about preparing food at home.  Make it from scratch I say.  I've looked into making homemade yogurt but just haven't got around to trying it yet.  I've made pudding many times from scratch.  And I don't mean using the boxed mix.  But something about this container of chocolate goo caught my eye.  Plus I was really hungry when I saw it.  So I had to get it.  I have to say ... I think this has to be my greatest discovery in the oh-my-gosh-this-is-wickedly-sick-it's-so-good department!  It's Belgian Chocolate Pudding!  And it took all the restraint I had not to eat the entire container in one sitting!
Just 2 huge glorious bites and I forced myself to leave the room.  I'm telling y'all about this pudding so hopefully next time I go to TJ's they will be completely sold out and I can spare myself the temptation!  You will be glad you discovered it too.  (and Trader Joe's ought to love me for the endorsement;-)


Finally, my 3 year old had a great discovery of her own this week.  We've had this Madeline book since she was a baby.  A special gift from The B Family (we love ya!).  Every night we look at the bookshelf and pick a book (or 2 or 6!) to read before bedtime.  I've presented Madeline to her on several occasions and she always says "not that one".  But this week, she wanted "that one!"  We've read Madeline every single night now.  We talk about Madeline, we quote Madeline, we adore Madeline now.  Woohoo!
     In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines ...  

We love new discoveries ... and can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love new books? I've been buying up all the Kevin Henkes books I can find. I just love his heroines. The boy mice in his books are a bit neurotic (see Chester and Wilson), but his heroines are simply charming. And the pudding looks delicious. Have you checked out Pioneer Woman's Crash Potatoes? They look divine. I may try them this weekend if I get to the store.